Being a nurse is often a thankless job, and we're not in it for the thanks or recognition, we do it because we love it. However, when Nurses Week rolls around, we do welcome the appreciation with open arms!
In honor of Nurses Week, we'd like to share some ways to show nurses some appreciation and love this week:
1) A Starbucks gift card. Being able to pick up a fancy coffee on the way into work will boost morale for any nurse.
2) A margarita. Treat your favorite nurse to a drink, they probably need it.
3) A heartfelt card. Nothing fancy. Just a card to thank them for the work that they do.
4) Flowers. A bouquet of flowers is a great way to show your appreciation.
5) Dinner. As a nurse, either a dinner at a restaurant or a home-cooked meal I didn't have to prepare for myself is a wonderful treat.
6) An Amazon gift card. This allows us to restock our favorite pens, compression socks, and snacks.
7) A gift card for a massage. This one is a bit of a splurge, but I promise you they will love it.
8) A simple text. This one is free and easy. Just send them a quick text saying "Happy Nurses Week!"
9) Any self-care items. Candles, face masks, lotion, etc. Anything designed to help them unwind and relax.
10) Treats at work. Surprise them by ordering a delivery of their favorite food/snack to their work as a mid-shift treat.
Happy Nurses Week to all of the amazing nurses!